Apply for the 2024 Head Coach Position
Present – August 15, 2024
Payment: $5,000 – $10,000 (If benchmarks are met) – Housing Provided
Who We Are:
The DubSea Fish Sticks are a summer collegiate baseball team located in West Seattle, WA. The team is home for college players from around the country. The season runs from the end of May through the first weekend in August.
The team’s on field focus is on player’s reaching their individual goals with an emphasis on development while providing them with a unique experience to play in front of fans in a minor league atmosphere, playing the best competition possible, and continuously working to develop their skills so they are the best player possible when they return to their college in the fall.
The Head Coach will be working closely with the team owners and management, on recruiting a full roster of players and running all baseball related duties. They will work closely with their coaching staff to make sure that the team is properly organized and managed during practices and games. The Head Coach will be in charge of making sure that all athletes are reaching their individual goals, and benchmarks that have been given to them by their college coaches. This will be tracked and managed daily, with weekly follow ups. They will also need to understand that the team puts a huge emphasis on community involvement and fan interaction throughout the summer and make this a priority for themselves and the players.
Duties(include but are not limited to):
- Recruit players from colleges across the country
- Track, monitor and help players reach their individual goals
- Over communicate the team’s values and the expectation for players and coaches
- Plan and manage team practices, games, and team meetings
- Track and use data to help develop players
- Run daily and weekly coaches meeting(s)
- Support and lead coaching staff to help players meet individual goals
- Help organize the teams travel schedule and day of game itinerary
- Help market the organization at community events
- Help teach players the importance of their impact with fans
The Head Coach Must:
- Understand the team’s goals and core values
- Be organized & detail oriented
- Be able to manage a college baseball game
- Be a great communicator
- Have a positive attitude
- Have the ability to adapt
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Be able to commit to the entire season which includes daily off-field duties and off-season duties
Please research who we are, and what we do. Then fill out the form below to receive more information about the position. Candidates who do not complete these tasks will not be considered.